Sunday, August 11, 2019

Screwing the Name Up: HB edition


A while ago I wrote about the spelling Walt Dinsey. Today, I'll be talking about Hanna and Barbera. We all know that William Hanna and Joseph Barbera defined animation history but some believe their names are Joseph Hanna and William Barbera. The difference between these examples and the ones in the Walt Dinsey article is that these examples are from official books or from sources specializing on the subject of animation.


I'm not a Scooby-Doo fan. I don't like Scooby or anything after Scooby that HB made. But all that aside, the first example I'm going to share in an inexcusable mistake. When the live action Scooby-Doo Movie was made, a storybook based on the movie was written. In the trivia section of the official book based on the movie question 4 is wrong!

Take a look:



The next example is from the book Animation and the American imagination, they make the same horrible mistake. Telling me not to buy the book!







No comments:

Post a Comment