Saturday, July 18, 2020

Question for All You Cartoon Collectors!



OK so I've been doing some looking around. Bosko apparently had a comic book and I'm wondering if any of you know of additional covers you could share! Also Barney Bear had his own series apparently. I can't find a single recollection of the comic on the internet though. Maybe they were printed elsewhere in the world. I have several Adventures of Tom Cat comics from Australia. Maybe they came from there. Do any of you have the Bosko or Barney Bear comics you could share? I'm aware of Our Gang and Tom and Jerry comics with Barney. I'm specifically referring to those titled "Barney Bear" referring to the MGM character.

2 comments:

  1. You can tell by the price (sixpence) that this Barney Bear comic is probably British, and probably reprints the Barney stories appearing in Our Gang comics and Tom and Jerry comics. Bosko never had his own comic book in the U.S., "The Funnies" just reprinted episodes of the Bosko newspaper strip drawn by Bob Allen. There WAS a "Barney Bear" U.S. comic book, published by Spire publications, which was a Christian comic book company. Their Barney was nothing like Rudy Ising's MGM Barney. "The Adventures of Tom" was a feature that started in Our Gang and continued in Tom and Jerry comics for many years stateside. I have never heard of the Adventures of Tom Cat Australian comics. Can you reproduce a cover for us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I just posted my covers of The Adventures of Tom

      Delete