Friday, October 13, 2017

Animated Places Part 2--- Stores

There has been many stores about our favorite animated characters but I am going to talk about 2. The Warner Bros Store and the The Dudley Do-Right Emporium.

1. The Warner Bros Store were around the country. The store contained a ton of Looney Tunes merchandise and would later contain HB stuff after Warner Bros bought Hanna-Barbera. Warner Brothers stores were replaced by Disney Stores which were replaced by Nickelodeon Stores. It just worsens. Today, there is no Nickelodeon Store.



2. The Dudley Do-Right Emporium was a store that sold Jay Ward items. It was run and owned by Jay Ward. In fact, you could see Jay Ward there. It closed in 2005. It was located at 8200 Sunset Boulevard which was close to the former Jay Ward Studios. It opened in 1971 and was right behind the Bullwinkle statue. That statue is going to return to that spot soon. Next post will be about statues such as that.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to my local mall in ages - I have less motivation to go since the video store and the two bookshops there closed down - but I think their Disney Store is still around. The Warner Bros Store that used to be at one of the other nearby malls is long gone, however. Years ago, in the wake of Roger Rabbit, my mall had this small store that sold an eclectic mix of cartoon-related merchandise for a while. IIRC, the entrance was reminiscent of the concentric circles seen in the Looney Tunes logo. I think it might have actually been called Toontown. It was so long ago, I don't remember it super well, nor can I find any info about it online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete